Running safety is a huge concern for me when I’m out alone. How about you? There are a few things I do to make sure I am as safe as possible, and I thought I would share:
1. Run during the day. My husband runs at night, and he has flashing lights attached to him, but I’m not sure I would be comfortable even then. I like when I can see my surroundings and there aren’t creepy shadows that make me jump 🙂
2. Run with only one headphone in, and the volume down low. I do this so I can be aware of noises around me. I have been told to just run without music, but I just can’t do that. Plus, I need my cheers that people send by commenting on my post.
3. Tell someone where you will be running and for how long.
4. Run with your phone. I use my phone for music, but I also like to have it in case I get lost (yes, this could happen), or I were to get injured.
5. Carry Personal Savers pepper spray! I have a pretty pink one that I hook to my fuel belt whenever I am out running. It is very apparent what this is, and I like to think it wards off any attackers. I also like to have it because there are many times that I see dogs that are not on leashes. This makes me VERY nervous! Having my Personal Savers makes me feel much LESS nervous!
They have a few different options for how to carry your Personal Saver:
Attach this one to your stroller if you are a stroller pushing runner or walker 🙂
Attach this one to your bike if you are a cyclist 🙂
Attach this to your wrist for any type of activity 🙂
Clip this one to your belt or pocket to carry with you everywhere! This is the one I have (only it’s pink), and I attach it to my fuel belt when running.
Right now, Personal Savers is having a great sale! Buy 3, get 2 free! You can use this great sale to get one for each of your running friends! So when you aren’t running with them, you can feel like they are much safer, even though they are alone!
What do you do to make sure you are safe while running?
This is a sponsored post and contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclosure page for more information.