I am SO excited to be attending the Gluten Free & Allergen Friendly Expo as a blogger again this year! Evelyn and I had a blast last year! And we were introduced to so many new things we can eat!
Just today I asked my mom “do you ever get tired of food?” And she said yes! Some days I just don’t want to cook and I don’t want to eat because I’m tired of the same old stuff! I can’t just pick anything off the shelf and eat it. I have my gluten free shelf in the pantry, and some days I look in there and think yuck! I need some new options! I am excited to find new products and new companies to look for in the store!
Last year I learned of so many new things, and that they would be available at Meijer (which we just recently got!!). I left with so many goodies in my bag and I can’t wait to see what new stuff I find this year.
Some tips for you to help you make the most of the event:
- Bring cash. Some booths do accept card, but it’s much easier to pay with cash, and some places don’t take card and you don’t want to miss out on anything you want to buy!
- Go early! It fills up fast! I get there right when it opens and it is packed in no time!
- Bring a backpack. You will get samples and you will purchase things and your bag will get heavy! Plus a backpack will make it easier when you are moving through the crowd (you won’t bonk anyone with the ginormous bag on your shoulder!)
- Bring friends. There were several booths that were offering special pricing if you purchased more items and it’s nice to split that with friends. Plus, bringing friends to an awesome event is a great way to be a good friend 🙂
- Buy your tickets early to get the early bird pricing!
- Enter my giveaway for tickets!
Now that I’ve convinced you to go, here are the details:
The Expo is on May 14 & 15 and is in Schaumburg, IL. There is always a lot going on at the venue, but there is a shuttle for the parking lot that is farther away. And parking is free!
Get your tickets here:
30% off w/ code EARLYBIRD (thru 4/13)
20% off w/ code ADVANCE (thru 5/13)
If you want to win a ticket, leave a comment below telling me what gluten-filled thing you miss the most and that you hope you will find in a gluten free form at the expo! You have until April 10 to enter. I will pick 5 winners on April 11 (I will use Random.org to pick the number of the comment that wins). That way, if you don’t win, you can get your tickets for 30% off still 🙂
Here we are last year, and probably how we will look this year (only she won’t have a bink in her mouth anymore and hopefully she will be happier) :
Disclaimer: I was provided with a weekend pass to the expo in exchange for promoting it. All ideas and opinions are my own- I do absolutely LOVE this event!